Kim is WriteShop's creative director and co-author of WriteShop I and II. More than anything, Kim loves to encourage and equip homeschool moms who have a tough time teaching writing. Practically, that means overseeing product development and marketing, speaking at homeschool conferences, answering customer emails, and creating content for our blog.
Kim and her husband Jim make their home in Southern California where, beginning in 1988, they homeschooled for 15 years. They have three fabulous adult children and eight busy grandchildren. With their kids' families living as far away as England, the Kautzers do quite a bit of traveling each year. Kim also enjoys a good book, the Sunday crossword puzzle, tea with milk, and dark chocolate. To feed her creative side, she has recently taken up art journaling.
- The Writing Process: Inch by Inch, It's a Cinch!
- 101 Ways (and Reasons) to Use Journaling in Your Homeschool
- Writing: Make It Relevant! Make It Fun!
- How to Motivate and Nurture Young Writers
- Stretching Your Gifted Writer
- Writing Skills: More Important than Ever!